Monday, January 19, 2015

Catching Up

Wow it has been a LONG time since I have posted anything on here. I figure I need to start posting again so family can keep up with what is going on in Lucca's life! Alot has happened since my last post. For starters, Lucca and I have started a life on our own and we are doing just fine :) We make a great team! Don't get me wrong, life as a single mom is definitely tough, but seeing how happy my little man is makes it all worth it. Lucca started Kindergarten in August 2014 and in November he had corrective surgery on his foot/ankle. His ankle was starting to turn inward and after 2 rounds of botox shots to try and correct it, the doctor said surgery was the only answer. So, surgery it was. His Achilles tendon was lengthened along with another tendon in the back of his leg, and he was put in a cast for 7 LONG weeks. In December we took Lucca to Disney World! He loved it! December 29th Lucca turned 6 years old! Where has the time and my little boy gone?? I threw a superhero themed birthday party for him and it turned out so cute! On Jan 5th the cast finally came off, but we have been having issues with swelling. Right now he is having to wear a compression sock to help. Hopefully it does. ALso a HUGE accomplishment on Lucca's part. He figured out to move around in his stander! He uses his hands to move the tires and scoots around his classroom and the hallways at school. His teacher said one day during "quiet time" in his class, he pressed the handicap button on the wall and tried to escape the classroom! That's my boy :) God is working in his little body and brain every day and I couldn't be more proud of him! Here's a few pics to show what he's been up to the past year :)




No comments: