Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Welcome to day shift..

Well yesterday I started my actual work week on my new shift..and not 30 minutes after I get to work, trauma starts BLOWING UP.. welcome to day shift, right? So I get stuck in trauma with open fractures for over 2 hours sweating my butt off..Luckily another co-worker came down to check on me and was able to help out, and THANK GOD for the students! So after all that mess settled down, then I got to go learn how to work the "jail clinic" where they bring the prisoners over to get their x-rays..fun right? heh they are just a bunch of nasty perverts for the most part.. but that was fun..I am primarily working down in the ER so get to see all kinds of fun stuff , like patients bein bakeracted and people screaming how they just want to die, etc. Never a dull moment that is for sure. Luckily my day went by VERY quickly and I got to come home and run on the treadmill and relax and things weren't so rushed..it was nice =) Then today I got to work in the Operating Room all day because one of the MAIN OR techs was off today. We had the best day back there, (working hard, of course) but it was really nice to work side by side with techs I haven't gotten to really work with in a while. And yet again, the 10 hour day flew by. Thank goodness..Tomorrow is my "Friday" because I took off Friday=) 4 day weekend for me!! Woop Woop! But I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a little hectic..we will just have to wait and see...




No comments: