Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bible Study/Support Group

The girl I posted about a few posts ago, Tricia Roth, started a Bible Study/Support Group for some local moms that have children with special needs. Last night was our first one, and let me tell you... I met some absolutely A-M-A-Z-I-N-G moms last night! This first one was basically an introduction of ourselves and our kiddos, and their stories.. It started at 5:00 and I didnt leave there until after 8:00!! We were all so engrossed in each other's stories! It is amazing how much we all have in common, and how easy it was for us to all talk to each other and confide in /support each other because we know that the other is talking about and what they are going through! I am very excited to keep going with this. Tricia knows the author of a book that was written about a child with special needs and how the parents lived their every day life and turned to the Lord for help and really just how the Lord was the reason for them staying so strong. Well the author DONATED the books to us moms in the group for free! How awesome is that!? We are supposed to read the 1st chapter for our next Bible study but it is so interesting that I am already into the 2nd chapter! I can't wait for the next meeting! Some of the moms I met last night and their kid's conditions are:

Misty- her little girl Emma has alot of the same symptoms as Lucca but she is 4 years old and they STILL have not found a reason for her "developmental delays". She has had MRIs and Chromosome testing among others and they all come back normal. I pray they will find a "diagnosis" for Emma, because I definitely know how frustrating it can be to know there is SOMETHING wrong but to not be able to find the reason.

Tricia- her little boy Bronson is 3 years old. He is the little boy I posted about. HIs traumatic brain injury is the result of OB neglect when he was born.

Nina- her little boy Nolan is also 3 years old ( I think?) and he basically has the SAME exact traumatic brain injury as Bronson...also because of OB neglect at birth. Luckily Nina & Tricia are able to confide in each other and be there for each other since their sons have such a similar condition.

Susanne- Her youngest little boy who is 16months old (and I can't remember his name =\) has Down's Syndrome. We were not able to hear her story yet so I will post on that next time!

And last but not least is Kristy- Her 6 week old, Emma, has Down's Syndrome as well. It was totally unexpected, as she is not over the age of 30 and did not know she was even at risk of having a baby with down's syndrome. I pray that her journey is easy and they find out the extint of Emma's downs very soon.

All of these mom's are so very special in every way, and I am so blessed to have gotten to meet them and hear their stories. It made me realize that I am not the only mom out there to have questioned, "why does my baby have to struggle?" Also hearing them say they are at peace about their situations and that they know God is in control also made me believe in God even more than I already do, and that is an awesome, awesome thing to be around a group of mom's with the same beliefs as you! I can't wait to see what the future holds for all of us.. and it was sooo great to meet you girls!!

No comments: