Wednesday, June 8, 2011

So Touching.

A parent of a child with the same syndrome Lucca has wrote this poem. These are the words our children are not able to tell us.

I am a child who cannot talk;

I do not gift you with my clever conversation;

I do not make cute remarks to be laughed at and repeated;

I do not give you rewards as defined by the world’s standard;

I have not made great strides in development for which you can credit yourself.


I give you instead opportunities –

Opportunities to discover the depth of your character.

If you allow it, I will teach you what is really important in life.

I will give you and teach you unconditional love;

I will teach you not to take the gifts in your life for granted;

I will teach you to forget your own needs, desires and dreams;

I will teach you about giving;


Together we will travel my world;

You will see your world through a different lens.

With your love and patience I will find my way.

This is so touching to me because it is all so true. You do forget your own needs and see the world through a different lens. I absolutely LOVE this poem and I hope it touches you all like it touched me :)

No comments: