Monday, June 6, 2011

A true God-send

I am SO incredibly thankful for Lucca's new geneticist, Dr. Charles Williams @ UF Gainesville. He certainly is a true God-send. I am so glad we decided to get a 2nd opinion from Lucca's 1st geneticist. If it wasn't for Dr. Williams, we may never have known about how complex Lucca's chromosomes really are, and that he actually has 2 chromosomal issues. P-MS & Partial Trisomy 10. He was so caring and sympathetic and informative all at the same time, and seemed truly interested in Lucca's condition and development. We saw him in April and already I have spoken with him and his genetic counselor multiple times over the phone and through e-mail, where as with our 1st geneticist I tried MULTIPLE times to even get a hold of him from Oct '10-Feb'11, with no success.

We are in the process of trying to get Lucca 3 different type of equipment right now, and of course for each one we need a script.. I e-mailed Dr. Williams yesterday asking if he would be able to write them for Lucca and this morning he had already e-mailed me back saying he would write them and fax them to Early Steps right away. How awesome! He is definitely a blessing from God , and I am so thankful we found him!

No comments: