Monday, March 19, 2012

Summer Buzz and 5'ks

After The Wolfson 55 five mile run/walk that we did for Lucca back in January, Randy and I decided we really enjoyed it and wanted to do more runs... So a friend of mine mentioned there was going to be a 5k Run for Down Syndrome and of course we were like 'sign us up'! We did that this past weekend and it was so fun! We finished in 42 minutes which I didn't think was too bad considering it was only our 2nd run and we didn't train at all.. lol plus we walked/ran/walked/ran/etc. The next one we do we will train for and try to run the whole thing. But I was super excited to finish in under an hour which was my goal (knowing I wouldn't be able to run the whole thing).Here is Randy and I AFTER the race (as you can tell by us looking utterly pooped) lol
Then that afternoon we decided that Lucca needed a haircut, desperately! I LOVE his curls, but they were just getting absolutely out of control and the lady that trims his hair wasn't going to be able to get him in anytime soon.. so Randy took it upon himself to "buzz" Lucca's hair... and buzzed it is! ALLL the curls are GONE! He looks so different, but grown up. I definitely miss the curls, but I'm not too sad because I know they will be back in a few weeks. His hair grows so quickly! Plus, I can tell he feels so much better because his head isn't as hot! Here are some before and after pictures of the fro/buzz!

No comments: