Wednesday, February 23, 2011

SAHM

I have really been down alot lately about lots of stuff (non Lucca related) and it makes me want to be a stay-at-home-mom more than anything. It seems like all the moms that I talk to (most of them anyway) that have children with the same syndrome as Lucca get to stay at home with their kids.. I am so jealous. I wish more than anything that staying home with Lucca every day could be my full-time job. I am so lucky to have my Mondays off with him, just me and him, and it is by far the BEST day of my week... He just makes me so happy and puts me in such a great place of no worries... just pure happiness. I would do anything to be able to stay at home with him everyday. I am so lucky that my mom is able to semi-retire and watch him for me.... I just wish that I was the one watching him, and playing with him.. *sigh* Really sucks, and I can't stop thinking about it. Oh well.. I guess life just isn't fair.

1 comment:

Schauss Family Happenings said...

I've gone through these same thoughts many times. When my kids where little, all my friends were SAHMs. I totally felt left out. I loved my job and didn't want to give it up either. I am so glad I kept my job. I watched many of my friends try to go back and get jobs after years of staying home & they can't get jobs. I would have been so bored staying home while they were in school. I work a flex schedule during the summers when they are out of school. I go in at 5 am and get off at 1 pm. This way...we have afternoons together and I still get to keep my job. It gives us plenty of time for play and therapy during the summers! You'll make the right choice for you!