Sunday, July 22, 2012

Phelan-McDermid Syndrome Conference

Sooo.. In just a few more days we will be headed to our first Conference for Lucca's Syndrome! I am excited, nervous, anxious, and scared all at the same time! I am excited to meet all the families that I have been talking to on Facebook for the past year or so!! It really is a surreal feeling. Last year we went to a "regional get-together" and met a few families in neighboring state and it was the most "normal,relaxing" weekend I think we have ever had. It was so nice knowing that nobody was judging us or Lucca because they know exactly what we are going through. I can't imagine how wonderful this next week is going to be for us. We will be attending classes to get to know a little more about what his syndrome entails and to understand more things. But the fellowship is what I am most excited about. Although i do fear it is going to be a little overwhelming for not only myself, but for Lucca. There are going to be HUNDREDS of families there this time!! Man, I can't wait. Will post pictures and write more when we return.

No comments: